Introducing "The On and Ons"

This blog has been mine for about seven years.  When I first started it, I was posting about once a week and seeing some uptick in traffic as a result.  And then life got in the way as it tends to do and I stopped with every intention of coming back very soon.  That was around 2014.  I made a valiant effort at coming back in 2018 and wrote a whole post.  And then life happened again.

So here I am in 2020.  A couple of years ago I successfully defended my dissertation in psychology and figured I would change the world.  I didn't end up doing that.  I didn't even change jobs.  SO I am a doctor without much doctoring going on.

Then I remembered this blog and my plans and my changing the world.  So I decided to start what I am going to call "The On and Ons."  I am going to use my psychology and history backgrounds, as well as my long time church experience, to post some brief thoughts on various topics.

During the Enlightenment and the Age of Reason, famous historians, jurists, philosophers, and politicians would write essays and title them things like "On Reason," "On Logic," or "On Quadrilaterals."  Given our propensity to favor factoids and bullet points, I figured I can put my degrees to work in what I like to call intellectual translation.  I want to talk about some general concepts that are often foundations to the online battles fought daily over social media and other bulletin board style websites.  I hope I am not just more noise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Behavior

On Emotion